This beautiful girl is our Phoebe who arrived here with us at the end of September. She was rescued by We Care About Strays in Botosani Romania.
This poor girl had to have emergency surgery as she was found with her genital organs prolapsed. Her rescuers suspect these horrific injuries were a result of sexual abuse by a person.
Phoebe was also severely underweight from having to survive on the streets. She made an incredible recovery from the surgery and gained weight under the expert care of Romanian vets Daniel Bejinariu and Danut Bratu.
Despite her horrible experiences in Romania, Phoebe is a friendly, happy dog and still has so much love to give. She is great with other dogs and loves to play.
Phoebe is in good health but due to the nature of how she was injured some ovarian cells have been left inside the body post-surgery. Since Phoebe arrived with us she has had a ‘false’ season. There is no possibility of her being able to carry and produce puppies as all reproductive organs have been removed. It is possible that she may have ‘false’ seasons in the future, but the likelihood is this will stop in time. No further treatment or surgery will be required.
She is vaccinated and microchipped
Phoebe walks happily on a harness and lead but as with all of our rescue dogs she will not be used to living in a home or being walked on the lead in public places. Potential adopters must be prepared for a settling in period that may take several weeks.
Conditions for adoption are:
- An adopter who is prepared to accept and cope with the possibility Phoebe may have ‘false’ seasons in the future.
- A home with an attached garden that is securely fenced.
- Someone must be at home for all or most of the time.
- Phoebe loves to play with other dogs so we would like her to go to a home where there is another friendly dog. Please bear in mind that if the other dog is male it must be neutered.
- No children under the age of 12 years
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO ADOPT PHOEBE UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO OFFER THE CONDITIONS FOR ADOPTION STATED ABOVE